The City has distributed the blue bins. Here's what to put and NOT put in them:
How to Recycle Using Your New Blue Curbside Recycling Cart
The following are tips to help explain this program to you, so that you can use your new City-issued 96 Gallon Blue Recycling Cart correctly.
- Do Not place plastic bags in your blue cart.
- All approved items can be placed in the blue cart, including cardboard.
- Place your cart out at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your regular pick-up day.
- Make sure that the front of the cart faces the street.
- Place your cart 5 feet away from all obstructions, including cars, poles, and additional carts.
- Please don't load your cart with more than 100 lbs.
- The lid of your cart must close with ease.
- If your cart is damaged or broken, missing or stolen, please call 311 for a replacement.
- Material left outside your cart will not be picked up.